Plugin version 4.5. introduces index table search engine. Index table is used to make the database queries faster and lighter. The index table must be generated before use.
Subchapters - please follow in order
- Much faster lookup in the database
- Less database-heavy operations - every keyword operation uses the table indexes, therefore no full table lookup, nor temporary tables are needed.
- CAN index shortcode contents!
- Good for big databases
- Better relevancy calculation
- Can't search for exact matches - the index table consists of separated keywords with relational and relevancy data. There is no way of determining the sorrounding keywords, therefore exact matching is not possible.
- Can't search word inner parts, only beginnings and endings
- for example "rat" NOT match "karate"
- but "kar" will match "karate"
- and "rate" will match "karate"
- Has to be configured before use.
- Only one index configuration for every search instance
Should I use the index table engine?
Short answer, yes, you should. You definitely should if you:
- Want to search shortcode content
- Want to search tags, categories or any terms related to posts
- Custom fields content
- Have a big database of posts
Which type of content can be indexed?
You can index posts, pages and any custom post type. (products, forums, topics, etc..)